Monday, February 13, 2006

Finally Finished Hoodie

Posted by Picasa Okay, so the deal on this baby is that I bought this yarn a couple of years ago and started this project. I ordered two different handpainted lots from Lotusflower on Ebay. One was more yellow than the other. So, I used both dyelots, alternating every 2nd row. I couldn't tell if I was going to have enough yarn for sleeves. OY! So, I did some steeking, and sewed the zipper in, added the hood and then added the sleeves. The leftover yarn went to knitting buddy Carley because if I had to look at any more balls of this stuff, I would probably scream. In fact, this whole baby might get gifted.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks lovely and quite comfortable. Well done.

Melissa Barton said...

Yeah, it was one of those, I just started knitting projects...
Give it a try! It's liberating!

Thea said...

I love this! What great yarn - even if it took a long time and you aren't as enamored as you once were, it's adorable! I'd wear it every day with jeans and a white tee....

Anonymous said...

I asked you in an e-mail if that was made of the yarn you gave me, obviously I would've known the answer to that if I had just read a little further...

anyways- I love the yarn. It's sitting on my desk next to a pretty green plant, I can't stop looking at it.

Thank you so much!