Tuesday, August 21, 2007

First of Many


Okay, I rarely share my feelings on this blog, but let me tell you, I'm in a crap mood tonight. So, this is actually something I'm doing (posting) to get out of my ick feelings. Hey, it's a start. I never made it to the knitting meet up that I had intended to go to. My pj's and spinning wheel and a glass of port sounded better. It is lovely out tonight though. Ughhhh. I'm a slug.

So, if you're reading this, send me some good vibes and maybe they'll find their way to me. Okay, on to the knitting:

I finished this Forest Canopy Shawl a little bit ago but have had a hard time getting it in the camera. This shawl is the first thing I've even knit from my own yarn. A whole 8oz's I managed. It's merino and silk and it's kind of a lightly green hay color. You can't really tell by these pictures because of the time of day. Delicate color to capture.

The back story on this one is that's when my friend Barbara first visited, she wore one that she had knit and I saw how perfect it was for the weather around here. Then she tells me that she's knit it multiple times. Well, come to find out, she always seems to have one on the needles. Now I know why. It's not boring to knit, but it's not very difficult either. Pretty satisfying and can look really different in different gauges and yarn types. Yes, that leads me to the fact that I'm already knitting it again in some Blue Moon Fiber Arts fingering weight alpaca in a subtle green/blue/gray coloration.

6 comments:

Bobbie Wallace said...

I'm sorry you're feeling icky. We missed you at the Cat Bordhi event last Friday; we could have gotten your mojo going, too.

Cindy, aka Maxfun said...

Hope the dark clouds lift for you. :)

The shawl is gorgeous and how special that it's your very own handspun! Wrap yourself up and drink that port and put your feet up. You deserve it! :)

Anonymous said...

Hang in there, Sweetie. This too shall pass.

Great shawl!!

Barbara said...

It's very beautiful and I am sure that it looks amazing on you.

Every Forest Canopy I have knit is in handspun and there is just something comfy about them.

I hope it wraps you up snuggy and you and the port have a wonderful rest of the night.

I am really looking forward to seeing you again in September.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful shawl, beautiful first project in your own yarn. You shawl people are going to pull me to the dark side of lace, and I don't even wear shawls! ;)

Sending vibes, just running a little late in the commenting from this end. [g]

Melissa Barton said...

Keep the vibes coming. And thank you all.
Melissa