Thursday, August 16, 2007

Blogger Rodger

Rodger somehow manages to write the blog for Abundant Yarn in Sellwood, OR as well as working there. I met him the first time when he saved me and a knitting buddy seats to a Yarn Harlot event. That makes him golden in my book. Second row, what a guy!

What is your favorite fiber to knit with and why?


Oh I love wool. I'm really old school, for the most part. Wool's light and warm and comes in such a staggering variety that I love it. On the other hand, I LOVE exploring the properties and abilities of other fibers. It just shocks me sometimes the stuff that other fibers can do. Anti-microbial sock yarn? An acrylic with the hand of bamboo? That amazes me and makes me so excited.


What is the color you are most drawn to in a yarn shop?


I go through cycles. When I'm not in love with any one colour, though, I tend to go for greens or blues.


What is the weirdest thing a stranger has ever said about you knitting or the knitting itself? (i.e. So, what are you doing...is that sewing...you're a guy knitting, right?)


A customer in the yarn store I work at once asked my advice and 10 minutes later after I was done with my "mini-lecture", she said "You know a lot more than I thought you did for somebody so young, and a guy!" This whole exchange happened after she had seen me finish knitting a sweater of my own design. It was pretty strange!

No comments: