Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Blogger Chris Church



Chris is here to answer those same burning questions! One thing I can say, is this lady actually wears the wonderful stuff she knits! This is a point of admiration for me. Hey, if you're proud of the great work you've done, you wear it!
Chris' blog http://pursuitoffiber.blogspot.com/


What is your favorite fiber to knit with and why?


Just one fiber? Many you make life difficult. I like choices. Well, my favorite to wear is hemp. I just got a bunch from Elann.com this week. I am in heaven. I just don't have time to start on it yet. My favorite for tactile knitting is Probably anything from Blue Moon but especially Socks that Rock Heavyweight. It is a great garment weight. I can't wait to start a cardi in some Obsidian or maybe Raven.


What is the color you are most drawn to in a yarn shop?


Colors. I love all colors except pink and true purple. I fall for the oranges, reds, browns and greens. I am just a big forest lover. I guess it helps that I look good in those colors.

What is the weirdest thing a stranger has ever said about you knitting or the knitting itself? (i.e. So, what are you doing...is that sewing...you're a guy knitting, right?)


I am sure I have had a few but mostly I get. "Wow, I can only knit scarves and afghans!" My response is normally something around " I can't knit scarves and afghans." I actually have a friend knit me a scarf when I want one. To me a scarf is torture. If you took me hostage and tortured me, I think I might make it a little worn on the edges but to drive me completely blinking mad would be to force me to knit a garter stitch scarf under dripping water on size 13 metal needles out of 70s acrylic (what else would a kidnapper have lying around).

No comments: