Friday, February 13, 2009

New Cooperative Marketing Magic

As many of you may already know, I've had this blog, "just because", for many years now. I want to formally thank all my new and old faithful readers. You've been great to have along on my ride. Now I'm introducing a new "curve to the ride". I've never had any regular features here but right now, today I am announcing a brand new one:

Cooperative Marketing


This is the way it's going to work here on Days of Tea and Knitting:
Once a week, I'm going to do a feature on a bunch of fiberarts folks who want to get their products out there. I will show a lovely picture of what they are selling, I'll review it, I'll tell you where you can buy it. It's that simple. The artist gets a free advertisement for their product for the minimal cost of sending me something in the mail.

If I use the yarn or fiber (or whatever) in a project, I will link to them again with pictures galore.
This is cooperative because the Artist will then link to me and my readership will rise and there will be more and more people reading about the cool stuff you send me.

Listen, I know from doing one contest on this site how long this can take in terms of my effort, editing photos that may not be quite right, sending more emails to an Artist if something doesn't come through right. But, I'm willing to do this to support the Artist.

What I'm asking from everyone who reads this blog and has a blog is to now LINK to me, please. I know from my stats that most of my readers come from links from other blogs. Let's all benefit from social media and help each other out!

If you decide you want to send me your work to feature, I'll send you a Word file with an agreement of how everything will go, where to send, etc.

Meanwhile, I'll promise to still show you my lame and not so lame projects and pictures of Portland and all that other stuff you've come to expect from me.

1 comment:

Alpaca Farmgirl said...

Excellent opportunity for artists. Thanks for sharing with Fiber Arts Friday readers!