Saturday, September 24, 2005

Not so instant gratification

Regardless of the fact that I feel that I have nothing to say today, here I go:

I have been a little lackluster about my knitting lately, and therefore a reflection of my life in general, I suppose. I went to the library to get an infusion of yet more knitting books. All the projects I was looking at were large and time consuming. I needed something more instantly gratifying.

Yesterday I started and today I finished a hat by Jo Sharp. It was a style that i wanted to learn how to make. Upon reading the pattern, I decided that the measurements would make far too shallow a hat. I added a couple a centimeters--to my dismay. In the end, I think the pattern knew far more about the proper depth for this kind of hat. Anyhow, I'm working on the duplicate stitch embroidery. Not going so well. I don't know why these stitches are hard for me to figure out. Perhaps it's the scale I'm working on.

So, I like the style enough to make it again, this time properly. Meanwhile, I may and try to find a quick fix for this one because the colors came out so nicely.

When I feel really emotional, It find it hard to knit. I wonder what that's about. That's when I need to knit the most! I'll work on that one today, a beautiful autumn day...

No comments: