Sunday, September 18, 2005

Knitting Sunday

Now THAT was a really bad poem.

Sundays are generally pretty good these days.
It's the day that I meet with my local knitters.
Well, mostly it's just the 4 of us, but we are really becoming friends.
The best kind, those with whom I really have something in common. Those commited to being somewhere every week to connect.

Portland seems like the rest of the west coast in terms of reliability of it's inhabitants. Not much. I just want people to follow through with making plans to get together and actually do it. It's hard for me to make plans because I never know if when the day and time comes if I'll actually want to get together. But, I do see the neccessity of making plans and I do generally stick to them. Here it seems like folks are always waiting to see if a better option will come along. Or, perhaps an option that will take the least amount of effort to accomplish.

I don't want to be negative but that's where I find myself right now. Maybe when I lose that vibe a bit, things will change.

2 comments:

Tallguy said...

Melissa, don't worry so much about other people. YOU be the one that follows through on YOUR promises, and the others will see you as a great example to emulate. You are the perfect example to them of what a good friend should be -- someone that keeps their word, and follows through. They will come around -- one day, eventually. In the meantime, knit on!!

Melissa Barton said...

He's right, folks.
Knittin' on, knittin" on...