Friday, September 02, 2005

LIfe just keeps changing...

...and changing. Those of you who know me, know what I'm talking about. On the other hand, those of you who do not know me also know this to be true.

The nature of what's going on here in America is blowing me away. The strife in the Gulf states eats at me.

To take a little time from the drama playing out on tv, I went to the library here in Portland to pick up some knitting books I put on hold. So far I rate them (of a possible 10):

Viva Poncho by Christina Stork and Leslie Barbazette:3
Jean Frost Jackets, by Jean Frost: 7.5
Module Magic: Ginger Luters: 8.5 (more for the designer)

I'm looking forward to spending some time trying out techniques from that last book, but it takes time and I often rather just throw myself into a project rather than fiddle around. Hmmm. True of many things.

I knit a quick scarf in Crystal Palace "Fling" in a sort of nude/white mix and combined it with off white microfiber for drape. Came out nicely. Hope to photograph that soon (if my older camera is working okay)

I also remade the lavendar tank top pictured a while back. It was just too plain to stand on it's own for me. Got bored with it, so I added ruffles at the bottom and crochet at the neckline. I STILL have some of that Berocco Smart Cotton left.

The LGBT knit list is offline right now and it's driving me crazy to not have that email.

Watched Finding Neverland last night. Too sad, and not in a way I like...

No comments: