Saturday, June 09, 2007

Moving Kitten Violation

Here Barb is in her last moments in Portland, getting in just a bit more spinning. Spinning on the wheel that she sold me last year and that I have had the hardest time getting used to. Okay, so that's an understatement. I put a sheet over it and put it in the corner for over a year. And NOW I am in love with my weird little handmade wheel. Barb showed me the way and now I'm cookin' with gas.

Barb actually came into town from Phoenix to experience an evening at Powell's with The Yarn Harlot. We met Nana and Elizabeth and Roger there and had a fab time. I nearly peed my pants laughing, and believe me, it's hard to get me that tickled....without actually tickling me, that is.

Please note that Barb has fab pictures of the Harlot experience and you should check out her blog for more knitting action http://www.the-string-and-i.blogspot.com/


In this picture, Brahms has decided that this is not quite peaceful enough for her and she's moving on, pronto.

2 comments:

Barbara said...

Thank you so much for your hospitality. Your home is lovely - it really reflects your personality and charm. I felt very comfortable, like I was visiting a friend that I had lost touch with.

Keep that wheel out where you can spend a few minutes with it every day and you will find yourself loving the yarn you produce.

I had great fun, running around with you, sitting in our jammies knitting and talking about design and relationships.

See you again soon

Bobbie Wallace said...

SOO glad I found your blog and Barbara's blog! I had such fun sitting with you two, Kathy, Rodger, et al. Even if you did try to use your spinning mojo to convince me to touch the roving! That's a slippery slope I'm not ready to start on (at least not yet!)