Friday, October 27, 2006

Tam

This is the Sunflower Tam from Norah Gaughn's Knitting Nature.

The design is based on the phyllotaxis plant pattern, like the pine cone.
I doubled some Cascade Lana D'oro and ended up with a hat that will most likely protect me from ANY of the wet elements here in the North West. I have to say that the yarn I needed was a little lighter, as she called for Lopi. I don't like the itchiness of Lopi so I used the Alpaca/Wool blend. But doubling it actually stressed my hands quite a bit to knit. I used a button instead of the loopy thing at the top.

I actually like it and will probaly make another for a gift! Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been eyeing that pattern. Thanks for working it up and letting us know about your yarn experiments! Looks lovely and practical, the best combination.

M-H said...

That looks great. I love the tops of tams, the way the patterning seems to disappear into the swirl into the middle.

Wendy said...

I "actually" like it too ;)-- especially your perfect button on top!

Madame Purl said...

Beautiful. I love the color and the pattern.

StickLena =KnitLena said...

The button looks like it was made for the pattern you knitted...

Dharma said...

Lovely. As usual wonderful work. Looks like a fun project.