So, here a I am, past the thumb point and they're way too big. But, let me start with the first points about this recoloring thing. I realized I wanted to get the light blue in there, but I knew that I would have to introduce it before it melds with the orange. I added the blue band of course without thinking about how much longer it would make the mitten. It's already supposed to be 10 inches in length.
My tension starting out is way too tight, but then by the time I got to the top of the leaves, it evened out. These may end up not actually being worn, but that may be okay. It's been a while since I just played like this and considering the other projects I'm working on right now, it's kinda fun.
The part I am happy about is the retro look that I was going for. Doing the peasant thumb where the pattern matches up should be interesting. I've never done patterned hand-ware at all.