Sunday, May 28, 2006

Statuesque Birthday Greeting

I got together with my knit buddies today to celebrate my birthday a little early. Nana made this great card for me, depicting me as no less Lady Liberty. Liberate with knitting! (I just know they all see me as a bit consumed with the knit-life, but I think this image is great and flattering as an idea.

We went to Dim Sum and then onto a knitting store that I hadn't been to yet, Abundant Yarn. It was really lovely. We were there for hours and had tea and such. Another gift from Elizabeth, Carly and Nana was the yarn of my choice for a pair of socks. I picked some terracotta color Louet Gems.

It's wonderful being with people who really "get" you. I am so thankful for my friends and their support and creativity. Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That card is amazing.... She could sell those...

Isn't it great when you are surrounded by people who "get" you

Like partners who buy you gift certificates for yarn stores and shoe stores for your 10th aniversary

Anonymous said...

Thought I should say I meant ten months...

Melissa Barton said...

...and I was doing the math in my head, honey and thinking...no..no way!

Anonymous said...

Btw happy birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brooklynne

Dharma said...

Happy Birthday - whenever it is!

Great card, I agree with Brooklynne that it could be developed into a knit card line.

Brooklynne - wishful thinking??!! Too funny. I also didn't think you had been together that long.

Being "gotten" is a good thing.