Thursday, August 26, 2010

And in crochet news...

It was awhile ago that we sent off a sample kit to Interweave Crochet and here it finally is! This is my first crochet pattern and it's really a beginner kit. The part of this that was the most fun was the colorway designing of the yarn, with Jen Hintz. I had taken some nature photographs and really had in mind the look of lichen on all the trees in Portland. Jen did a great job with her interpretation. The wool/bamboo blend on this ebony needle is the ultimate in crocheting pleasure, if I do say so myself!

Coming up in the next few weeks are some more exciting mentions for Krafti-Kit. I have to say that putting together a kit is WAY fun. Not only does one write or commission a pattern, but one gets to choose every little detail that goes into the project.

Last but not least, I want to thank Petra again for her lovely modeling of this piece.

2 comments:

Kabira said...

Be sure to link up with Mary Ann Miller, aka lotusblossom on eBay - wonderful yarn dyer in Richland

Melissa Barton said...

Oh, that's awesome! I have a lot of her yarn and had no idea she was right out this way. Thanks for the heads-up.