Tuesday, April 21, 2009

A Greener Spring



I received this vibrant green yarn from Teresa Levite Studios just the other day. It's hand dyed on a base yarn of 63% Superwash Merino, 20% Silk, 15% Nylon and 2% Silver (real). Fingering weight, put up into 420yd skeins, just waiting for your next sock project.

The subtle gradations of color, even though it's bright, would make it great for a pattern with plenty of lace or cables. Sure, colorful varigated are fun to buy, but when it comes to knitting an interesting pattern, the texture you knit can be so easily lost in all that variegation. This yarn has just enough for me.

Find Teresa's offerings:
on Etsy
on Artfire
And Teresa's own website
****************************************

Teresa Levite:
I love all things fiber! My current passion is dyeing. I'm fascinated by the changes that take place when a few chemicals are combined with a handful of wool or silk and something very different comes from the dye pot. Common to many fiber artists, my love of fiber goes across the board and includes crocheting and quilting in addition to dyeing, spinning, and knitting. There are still a multitude of crafts and arts I haven't even tried - yet. I'm hoping to soon as 'weaver' to my list of titles.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's so pretty! It makes me think of something a leprechaun would wear- a lot of green and a little magic.

knotby9 said...

I've got a little fiber-envy to be honest. Enjoy it darling, looks like just fabulous yarn