Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Finishing is Happening

As you can see, this is what my tomorrow will be like.
For the past week, it's been jackhammers and crazy-loud stuff going on outside my window. It started last fall when the water main broke inside my building. Now, finally, they are going to fix the source of our woes. I was just waiting until the day would come when they would replace what needs replacing. The city.
I intend to escape to a cafe with free wifi for as much of the day as possible. Oh, and I'll bring knitting too...

I know that I'm supposed to have pictures of finished stuff to go along with this post, but I feel so guilty about my lack of posts, well...So, here you go. The first picture on my last post, the green thing became the shrug that it was meant to be. Too damn cold to wear it. Seriously.
The baby blanket not shown? Done.

But, back to the weather. Normally when folks ask me how I feel about living in "Rainy Portland", I'm all cool about it. "Oh, I like having weather!" I say. Yeah. Until now. It's April 1st. It's darn cold and wet. It's the cold that's the total drag. I didn't even walk home from knitting tonight because even though the clocks have changed, (this early change is nuts) and it's light out, I just couldn't brave another possible sudden downpour.

I think right now in my nighttime too-much-computer-delirium, my mother's words: Water, water everywhere and not a drop to drink...
That would be tomorrow, puddles on the streets, rain pouring from the sky and no water in my faucet. Just to spell it out for ya.

2 comments:

pdxknitterati/MicheleLB said...

I am so done with the rain. It's supposed to be nice this weekend. Keeping fingers crossed, although that may interfere with knitting! OK, virtual fingers crossed...

Aunt Kathy said...

Rain here too, grrr