Thursday, August 28, 2008

Can You Tell I'm Not Swedish?

Here are some reasons I am easily identified as a non-Swede:
1. I like to smile and talk to strangers.
2. I don't ride a bike everywhere.
3. Buses like the ones below look like really long insects to me.
4. I am always saying "excuse me" and "thank you" to people in stores and on the street.

5. This sign looks like a call to run, run, as fast as you can!!! instead of the "walk don't run to your nearest exit" sign that I was raised with.
6. That I think this country is full of Presbyterians instead of these little markets that sell candy and bus tickets.
7. Last but not least, I can make a mean meatloaf!

4 comments:

Aunt Kathy said...

guess I am nor Swedish either, I can identify with all those statements. LOL

Anonymous said...

Uh-oh. Sounds kind of like New York (well, maybe except for the bikes and Presbys)thing. ;)

But you had good company, so that makes all the difference.

I love visiting other countries. Mostly. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm sorta Swedish (grandmother was a Swedish Finn), but I would stick out like a tractor in a row of Volvos...

Unknown said...

Bahahahahahaah!

I lived there for 7 years, and a friend forwarded your link to me. There is actually a long list titled "You know you've been in Sweden too long when....." which you can find at: http://www.pauldickman.com/misc/sweden.php

I loved the one about Presbyran. And don't forget the infarts and utfarts!