Friday, December 30, 2005

Another Happy Accident Project

Okay, so tonight I'm taking pictures because I've been knitting all day and my wrist hurts...

YEARS ago, I started a pink Manos cardigan. Then, when I decided to finish it this year, I realized that I had no idea what pattern I had been using. At the time I started it I was just a beginning knitter. Boring.

I was sitting there, looking at it's blaring pink-ness, knowing I had another pink cardigan in the closet that I hardly ever wear and I realized that I just didn't have the heart to knit sleeves. I stopped just below the armhole decreases, so I could have done anything. I decided to find a way to use some vintage mother of pearl buttons and paillettes at the top and make it a lacey yolk.

Now, the funny thing is that I wear it underneath the other big mohair pink cardigan and...well...I get a lot of attention for my rosy look. I now think seriously before purchasing pink yarn. Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Frankly, I've always been amazed at knitters who blog and are able to show off their work! I love the color and pattern!

Melissa Barton said...

Randomly interested in knitting...Hmmmm. I see a future addict in the making...