Sunday, October 30, 2005

Autumn Sunday

I'm just loving Fall in Portland. The leaves were glowing like a wild fire and now they're nearly gone. On the ground, wet and bright and slick.

Sunday is knitting group day, and it was a great one. Had someone new who was learning to knit for the first time and a returning beginner who is just delightful. I love the predictability and routine meeting of our group. I'm glad I stuck with it. As, the one who started it, I was a little concerned I'd be sitting by myself week after week.

I started my first poncho today out of some cheap stuff, just to test out the pattern. Seems like a simple thing that I should have made already, but I've only made capelets, knitted in the round.

Earlier this week I knocked out a pair of socks in two evenings for my friend, E. That was a marathon. All the while, not knowing if I would finish them before I next saw him. Ah, deadlines are good sometimes.

I bought a skein of lace weight merino wool and tried to work out some lace pattern with it, to see if it would be suitable for a scarf. Lord have mercy. Even with bamboo needles, it all just kept slipping off over and over again. I gave up after knitting rows 1-4 about 3 times. Maybe my hands just aren't steady enough! Give me cables or fairisle anyday. Okay, so I have been frustrated with lace knitting for several years now. I guess I just have more growing to do!

Like most Sundays, I'm over caffienated!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeshim Blog - Forbes Cover Story "Attack of the Blogs"
The Forbes story was featured Friday night on CNBC's 4-minute segment. Steve Rubel was part of... Teaching Kids Programming: Even Younger Kids Can Learn Java One day my son Dave showed up in my office with my ...
Find out how to buy and sell anything, like things related to private road construction on interest free credit and pay back whenever you want! Exchange FREE ads on any topic, like private road construction!