Sunday, June 14, 2009

The Day After

I hand lettered an insane amount of these armbands, not knowing how many folks would show. I mean, Through a combination of Knit/Purl and Larissa Brown I ended up getting a lot of press! All in all we ended up with a great situation of being able to snag use of these great Adirondack chairs that were in place for the floral exhibit. I felt like we were having a garden party.
And here we are, right in the middle of Pioneer Courthouse Square, a rotating group of enthusiastic knitters. I stayed 4 hours and then gave it up to those who arrived much later. Thanks again everyone for coming, and for Emily's fantastic vegan cookies. It was great meeting some new knitters and hooking up with old friends.

2 comments:

pdxknitterati/MicheleLB said...

Thanks for organizing! It was great to see you there. The weather was perfect, too!

PNWBookGirl said...

It looked really pretty - but I imagine there would have been a lot of sneezing if I'd shown up there. ;-)

Great idea with the arm bands!