Wednesday, October 15, 2008

It Was an Idea

So, it wasn't MY idea, but that's probably just as well.
Some years ago when I got my copy of Stitch n Bitch I looked at that circular needle holder and thought, "My, how simple and useful!" But it meant taking out the sewing machine and that's been progressively harder to do. No good reason. Just impatient with that particular process.

On Monday I got over myself and gave it a try.
What happened is that they all curled forward making the thing look like some kind of evil sea monster. I walked around my rooms, trying to find a place to hang it and I found I just couldn't bear to look at it.
In a last-ditch effort to make it work, I took some old, large gauge Aluminum, straight knitting needles in the bottoms of several of the slots to make it lie flat. It's all pined in place right now and hanging on my door to see what becomes of its shape in the next few days.

2 comments:

pdxknitterati/MicheleLB said...

Brilliant idea! I knew those old aluminum straights must be good for something.

Aunt Kathy said...

An evil sea monster, lol. That's funny. I have always wanted one of those, the holder, not the monster.