Friday, July 20, 2007

Spinning in the Rain

Can it really be Friday night? I feel like my post about the cake was just yesterday. Life is going so fast these days. The strange thing is that all I feel like I've been doing lately is spinning. Probably because that's all I've been doing.

It's really cutting into my knitting time, yhis spinning, but it requires less thought. I don't think this is a good sign!! What, I can't even concentrate on a lace chart? Simple socks or (UGHHH) Stockinette stitch? Something's gotta give. Okay, I'll just say that for now, it's a phase. A strange Summertime phase like this strange Summertime weather.

It's been raining off and on for days, and cool as well. In the two years that I've been in Portland, by the end of June, the rain is completely gone. Hot, dry and more heat and dryness. Don't get me wrong. I'm not complaining. I hate the heat. It's just peculiar, that's all.

My life is about to change big time on Monday with a new job, and somehow I feel like I'm wasting my free time. Even though I've had nothing BUT free time for months now, it matters not. Neurotic? Yes.

" An inch of time can buy an inch of gold. But an inch of gold canot buy an inch of time"

----Chinese Proberb

3 comments:

Barbara said...

Our monsoon season has started. We get a lot of thunder storms and lightning, some rain makes it to the ground, but not always.

I envision your home in the cool rain, wish I was spinning there with you.

Good luck on your new job.

Bobbie Wallace said...

Even when you said, "here feel this roving", I KNEW spinning would be even more addictive that knitting! And now even you can't stay away from it! If however, you happen to spin too much yarn to store, you DO know where to send it, don't you??????

Anonymous said...

I don't like heat either. Maybe that's why I knit. I dream about being in cooler climates where woolens and soft, warm comforting garments are key. Though knitting with bamboo in the summertime has been very nice.