Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Cotton Linen Lace Shell

I now know where this pattern is from, it's the book Silk Knits by Elaine Eskesen. It's my latest project from KnitPicks using their yarn, Cotlin in Turquoise. I'm taking this picture at night because I need to get this in the mail, but it is a bright Turquoise. The design is kind of interesting the way it adds extra detail of eyelets in the center area. The large eyelets are created by knitting 4 together. Something not so easily done with such an inflexible yarn. I have my ways, though.

I knit this in exactly a week. A new record for me. Now back to pleasure knitting... Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so beautiful!! Is the patern available for the public?

Thanks for sharing your work here!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty!! I'd like to know your "ways" with knitting together. I have enough trouble with some yarns doing two!!

Melissa Barton said...

Marsha, I take the free needle and insert it purlwise through the 4 stitches. Then I wiggle to loosen those stitches up. Next I just knit the 4tog. Now, I must say, that once on this project I "wiggled" a little too much and then broke the yarn all together. Oh yeah. That was drama for a moment. I managed to attach some yarn scrap and re-knit that area, being a little more gentle!

Anonymous said...

For knitting 4 together, try knitting 2 tog, then 2 tog, and then passing the first stitch over the second. I usually like how that looks. The shell is absolutely lovely!

Pax *knits said...

Its so nice. Where is the pattern from?

Unknown said...

I LOVE this pattern. Was hoping to not have to get the book. Are you willing to share the pattern?

Melissa Barton said...

Paw, sorry but that would break copywrite laws and be in conflict with my work with KnitPicks.