Wednesday, November 08, 2006

It Runs in the Family

This is my Aunt Helen. I wish I could see what she's knitting, but it kinda looks like socks....(!) I clearly look less fabulous whilst knitting, but I have clearly gotten the passion from somewhere. Actually, it was my Dad, her brother who taught me, but I believe that all my aunts on that side of the family were knitters.

I just got a second-hand scanner and I'm very excited that I'll be able to share these older images. Alas, I don't have any pictures of myself doing needlework as a child. Hmmm. Wonder how that happened. From age 11 on, my made almost all my own clothes. Ah, yes. Pictures of me in the slightly hideous clothes I made in the 70's! Something to look forward to, people. Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooh, I need to start dressing up for knitting; Aunt Helen looks lovely.

Dharma said...

Aunt Helen looks truly beautiful. I never look that glamorous when I knit, or much any other time.