Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Is This a Record?

Is this the longest I've gone without blogging? Probably  not, but it certainly feels that way.

Everything has changed.

I closed Krafti-Kit. Not enough capital to throw at what I still think is a great idea, even if it ended up morphing into more of a knitting company. Would have liked to expand the fiber crafts even more. I'm taking a break from designing right now, as well.

One of the most significant changes is that Suki passed away on April 2nd after a protracted illness. I miss her very much but I don't think would have wanted to move again. She was really ready to leave this world as much as she loved me.She left quietly...

I've moved on to another temporary living situation, just down the road. Regrouping. Paring down to the essentials. Trying to figure out what the next step is, and when. Late Summer? Brahms is hanging in, just. She likes where we live and the big friendly dog and how she can just rest for now.

I can sort of rest right now, but I feel restless and wanting to travel. Only short trips for now as I'm committed to a job.

That's the long and short of it. Mostly the short of it because the longer version is...well... messy. I don't even have a picture for this post so I'll just leave you with a picture of lovely Miss Suki.

2 comments:

M-H said...

I'm very sorry things aren't going too well, and that's sad about Suki If you want to vent you know where I am on email. ::hugs::

Diane in Chico said...

Hope you do get to take some short trips. Even a day is good for what ails you, I think.