This lame swatch is something I knit to test how these different yarns would work together in one Nordic sweater. I'm doing a KAL, sponsered by Donna Drachunus and am in the planning stages, trying to use my existing stash. My idea is to go with a Pacific Norwest tree theme instead of a snowflake theme, but we'll see how that does. The thing with designing at the DK gauge is that your motifs have to be simpler because you have less stitches to "express yourself", so to speak. I'm not usually a big planner, but I don't want to spend all this time designing a sweater only to have it not quite work out or not fit or the yarns not work well together. So, here I go on my adventure.
Meanwhile, the focus is on holiday knitting. I just got an email from my brother and I'm horrified to hear that the toes of his socks from last year blew out. They were knit from my dad's handspun. I asked him to send them back to me so that I can re-knit the toes. I'm dying to see what happened there!